Three Programmatic Approaches
The five integrated strategic pillars are organised under three interconnected programmatic categories:
A. Critical Understanding -> Research Think Tank
B. Culture and Value Change -> Capacity Development and Social Movement
C. Creation of Wealth -> Value Driven Economic Empowerment Programmes amongst Women and Young People
- Change of mindset, culture and values requires critical and thorough understanding of contextual realities.
- Successful and sustainable creation of wealth requires tackling factors that contribute to poverty.
Through its three interconnected programmes, SOPHOS AFRICA expects to address the threefold need for:
- culturally and morally changed and economically empowered communities and individuals;
- individuals and communities who are better equipped and able to deal with factors that contribute to poverty;
- a critical mass of well-informed, committed and motivated change agents.
- Economic improvement and socio-cultural and moral empowerment amongst a significant number of women and young people.
- Greater knowledge and understanding about factors that contribute to poverty and mechanisms to mitigate these;
- An increased number of change agents;
- Practice and institutionalisation of a culture of stewardship, inclusion and peaceful co-existence;
- Resilient and flourishing societies.